Monday, March 1, 2010

Was a golden November
From the heavens I remember
There were leaves
Golden leaves

Clearly I remember
From the windows I was watching
While they fell to ground
In the glowing
Rays of the sun

While the future holds a promise
Of sweet lullabies and kisses
You disregard it

If you love me
Won't you let me know

I don't want to be a captain
Of some sinking ship
With the leaves far below us
Where I'm slipping from your memory

Like the golden leaves of November
That fall
Fall
Fall
I'll be falling from your memory
But bury me in honor
If you love me
Why'd you let me go

3 comments:

Maddie said...

the imagery and details, and word choice make me love this. quite alot. at first i didnt understand it, it was like an enigma. and as your idea developed, so did my understandingg! great job <3

Gina said...

I just realized that I haven't really talked to you in years, even though I saw you at Maddie's party. That makes me sad.

Mackenzie said...

haha its ok Gina =)