Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Day

Screams of delight
reach my ears
Noodle!!They scream
I smile broadly
A pink hue to my cheeks
Happy to be here
But hate being
the center
of attention
We catch up
Gossip
Laugh
Talk about whats been happining
Since the last time we met
Suddenly all goes quiet
We concentrate on our mentor
As she greets us one and all
Then the fun begins
She looks at every one of us
Greets the newcomers
and jokes with the oldies
At first she doesn't recocnize
The girl with the
Short
Straight hair
Last time she saw her
her hair was in long frizzy curls
But of course my friends butt in
And then more pink rises to my cheeks
As once again i am called Noodle
Everyone stares
Thinking
is that her real name?
But soon all settles down
and the writing begins

3 comments:

Maddie said...

noodle, i lovee this. hahaha, cwp, good times. good times.

Mackenzie said...

yeah idk where it came from. one sec. there was just blank paper and the next BAM! a poem. cwp has given me great inspiration. i had no idea what to write and then like magic inspiration apeared

Maddie said...

yes, cwp and its people are great inspiration.